Making Sense of Women’s Health
Women have many health issues to deal with. There are different issues for every stage of life and for many women, the solutions elude them. There are many medications that attempt to modify or suppress symptoms but they do not necessarily address the causes of the problems. Many women look for alternative methods to improve health. More and more women are turning to naturopathic doctors such as Dr. Marita (Schauch) seeking help. Dr. Marita has a clinical practice which focuses on women’s health issues.
She has recently authored a book entitled Making Sense of Women’s Health. In this book she covers 20 health challenges facing women. Every women is likely to have some of these issues during their lifetime. The book has a chapter on each of these problems and covers the topic is significant detail, outlining causes and natural approaches to improve health. This approach empowers women to take control and discover ways to live healthier lives.
In this interview we will discuss alarming trends in women’s health. We will discuss in depth how chemicals in our environment are disruptive to our hormonal system and how this disruption is causing significant health concerns. We now live in a world where contamination is the rule. Chemicals are ubiquitous. Adult women have been accumulating these chemical toxins for decades and now children are being born which dozens of toxins in their systems at birth. What are the effects of these toxins and what can you do to prevent and treat the health problems if you have them.
Dr. Marita espouses six fundamental healing principles of naturopathic medicine and it’s important that you understand these principles. Seek out health care professionals that understand these principles as they can guide you the process.
- First, to do no harm, by using methods and medicines that minimize the risk of harmful side effects.
- To treat the causes of disease, by identifying and removing the underlying causes of illness, rather than suppressing symptoms.
- To teach the principles of healthy living and preventative medicine, by sharing knowledge with patients and encouraging individual responsibility for health.
- To heal the whole person through individualized treatment, by understanding the unique physical, mental, emotional, genetic, environmental and social factors that contribute to illness, and customizing treatment protocols to the patient.
- To emphasize prevention, by partnering with the patient to assess risk factors and recommend appropriate naturopathic interventions to maintain health and prevent illness.
- To support the healing power of the body, by recognizing and removing obstacles to the body’s inherent self-healing process.
Dr. Marita Schauch is a trusted naturopathic doctor, women’s health expert, author and public speaker with a genuine passion for sharing the knowledge and tools of alternative medicine and nutrition to empower women to own their path to optimal health, and lead happy, vibrant lives. With particular expertise in alternative solutions for chronic pain, stress management and adrenal health, hormone balancing, detoxification, weight management and nutrition, Doctor Marita leads a busy clinical practice in Sidney, BC on Vancouver Island, Canada. DoctorMarita.com
Health Quest Podcast is sponsored by