Relaxation Without Drowsiness
Stress, anxiety and mood disorders are some of the most common complaints of Americans. Even healthy people have stress. There are millions of people who are into mood altering medications. And many others self medicate with drugs and alcohol. One has to wonder, what is the evidence that our modern approach to stress and anxiety actually works. Do they make people better? This is highly questionable.
There are many nutritional supplements recommended for stress and anxiety. This is good news. There are many ways to nourish your brain. You have many alternatives to explore and discover what is right and best for you. We have covered some of those nutrients in previous podcasts. When choosing a product to try, there are several things to consider. Has this product been tested for safety and effectiveness? Has this product been show to be effective for my particular issue? How much is the right amount? How long do I take it? The only way we know the answers to these questions is through the scientific inquiry. That is why I like Suntheanine. Suntheanine has been shown to be very effective for stress, anxiety, mood disorders and sleep problems.
Even the FDA agrees. Here is what can be said about Suntheanine. All of the following are acceptable structure/function claims for relaxation, as all suggest occasional rather than long-term or chronic mood changes. Although occasional or acute symptoms can be characteristic of diseases in other settings, none of the occasional symptoms referred to here is characteristic of a specific disease:
- Helps promote relaxation
- Promotes relaxation without drowsiness
- Helps promote a restful, relaxed state
- Reduces stress
- Eases occasional simple nervous tension
- Eases nervousness due to common everyday overwork and fatigue
- Gently soothe away the tension
- Resolving that irritability that ruins your day
- Reduces restlessness
- Reduces nervous irritability
- When you’re under occasional stress, helps you work relaxed
Acceptable structure/function claims for sleep aids:
- For the relief of occasional sleeplessness (not a characteristic symptom of a disease)
Acceptable structure/function claims for alertness aids:
- Helps restore mental alertness or wakefulness when experiencing fatigue or drowsiness (should not imply treatment of chronic fatigue or daytime drowsiness as these are symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome and narcolepsy, respectively).
Acceptable structure/function claims for PMS:
- Supports a normal, healthy attitude during PMS (PMS is generally a common, mild condition associated with a normal physiologic process).
- Diminishes normal symptoms of premenstrual syndrome
What is Suntheanine?
Suntheanine is the trade name for Taiyo’s patented pure form of L-theanine. Suntheanine is not an extract of green tea, but rather is produced via a patented fermentation process that mimics the natural process in green tea leaves, resulting in a 100% pure l-theanine. Human clinical trials have shown Suntheanine to promote an alert state of relaxation without drowsiness, as indicated by an increase in Alpha brain waves, and a decrease in Beta brain waves.
If you would like more information, visit suntheanine.com and l-theanine.com.
About Julie Thibeau
Julie Thibeau is the Director of Sales and Marketing at NutriScience Innovations.